Translate

Sunday 8 November 2015

First impression- Part I


The entrance before entering the genkan area looks.....well....very sad. Like all the areas that are in need of some TLC around Obachan's they wait patiently for there day. The concrete had broken away welcoming weeds to grow and for dust and dirt to fly into the genkan, which bugged me no end! This project is a two part process. First we will concrete the rectangle area you can see below and the second part is the area in front of the engawa to the far left, not seen here. But don't worry I will share it all when we get to it.


So we initially pulled away the broken pieces of concrete.


A shallow trench was dug to lie the plank of wood in which then held the concrete in once poured.

All ready for the concrete.....


We went for the pre-mixed concrete again with it being such a small area and because its easier to use.


It was quickly spread out....


A creative idea came to me after the concrete was poured....I know bad timing!
See the roof tiles on Obachan's place...


........well we had a couple of spares (at the time I thought they were spares...oops!) and I thought this would look fun set into the concrete as a personal touch.



Yes I know...... the poor front sliding door is looking worse for ware! It is patiently waiting its turn for beautification. We have plans for our front door!


So this is where we are at the moment. It's coming along slowly, but it's an improvement.




I think you know what I'm going to say next....yeah...it's time for a well deserved onsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.